Friday, July 14, 2006

there is nothing left to salvage


I said " kill her "
there is nothing left to salvage
and she stared back
from
inside that small frame
with eyes soft as
eider down
trying once more to move
beyond
her confinement
into
my broken heart

the remains
bloated and
gurgling
moaning at times
reached beyond belief
as death
slowly
ate her from the inside out
training it's sights on me
in a fuck you and your GOD moment of ......... I WON
I WON , I WON

grief !
I am your indentured servant
I am hard , hot , lean ,
unrepentent
in the question of
who ........ yes , who
was looking through your eyes that day ?
as my hand reaching for
an answer
held you
in disgust and fear
as the drip by drip account
quietly did it's thing
salving the pain
in a death by numbers dirge.

and so it was
within this room
and
somewhere deep inside your
mist invaded eyes the show continued
as the spinning of
a new tale
floated high
above
your swollen face
while I
stumbling through the parking lot
too late for death
asked the toll booth keeper ............
" how can you tell me about the duck l'orange when all you've done is eat the menu ?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home