Friday, June 30, 2006

fingering the invisible scar ( for barbara )




my licks were smooth and seamless
connecting and disconnecting
as the gig evolved
hot and tempered
on the cold steeled anvil of it's destiny .

new territory appeared
as the old lines of demarcation
dissolved into the moment gone
while
dominion re-asserted itself again
with ruthless indifference
to
any previous
sound .

the unordained stepped out
seeking
the uninformed in
the lost legions that sought freedom
in
the holy grail
of this
small armageddon

and
I was blown sky high
into
the elegance of the moment
faceless
lost
reasigned to some new frontier
with only the money changers
as sidemen
brushing against me
in
another temple
of
comparative values .

I stepped outside of the glitter
seeing myself again
as the saviour of this new day
in the promethean marketplace
of
supply and demand
as The Big One's
recent currency
spread itself across my face
leaving
it's mark of caste
for all to see
as I stepped into my next dance
of
love for sale , love for sale
with a dance card
as full as a terrorist's back pack
on a crowded train
to
nirvana .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home