Monday, June 19, 2006

time out


not long ago
when the effects team had pulled out and
the make up artists had fled
leaving me cringing
in the touch and feel absence of sound
I discovered
that no matter
how I tried to swallow the apparatus
there was no end to the silence........
I had no voice......
only a bed
with special plumbing and no intrerpreter
and the frozen faces of the onlookers
lip synching the litany
that had infected
their lips as
they moved through
the sanitized hallways towards me
in
the
moment to moment
eye blinking
yes! you're through
yes! you're through
existence.
Light shimmering and
like Jello with magic lanterns
imbedded in it's creative eye
blinding and
dazzling me
in the startling realization
of
that
YES you're through Eternity
and
YES !
I was through
wondering
why, I hadn't traveled farther
why
I hadn't stayed
a little longer

to tarry
with
my Self

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home